So out of all of the recipes that I picked for the Battle of the Breakfast Casseroles, this one intrigued me the most. What would it be like? Would it hold up? Would people be able to taste the Stove Top? I was so curious.
This recipe was so easy, it took around five minutes to put together. You can change the flavor by changing the turkey sausage to hot italian sausage, or changing the flavor of the Stove Top Stuffing. Overall, this recipe tastes more like sausage than the Stove Top, so altering your type of sausage would make the biggest difference.
Throughout this breakfast, I asked the students if they could guess the secret ingredient. None of them guessed that the secret ingredient was Stove Top Stuffing. This casserole did cook nice and tasted good, however, it did not heat up well the next day. I would recommend using this recipe when you know that the whole thing will be eaten in one sitting, as it wasn’t good the second day.
- 1lb Turkey Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1tbsp Butter
- 1 Box Savory Herb Stove Top Stuffing
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- Cook and drain the turkey sausage and set aside.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Dump in the stuffing mix into the pan.
- Layer on cheese and sausage.
- Mix eggs and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over the top, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for one hour.